Top Things to Know Before Hiring the Right React Developer
What is React, and why is it popular?
- It is easy to write components in React, and the reusability of those components is a definite advantage, especially for the large enterprises.
- Since the components remain discrete, i.e. has its own property and function, several developers can simultaneously work on different UI components.
- When data changes, it efficiently renders and updates the right components.
- The components help you to debug the code easily, and it involves unidirectional data flow.
- It comes with various performance enhancements and extensions which allow you to create full-fledged front-end applications.
- Seamless integration into any of the applications, be it a portion or entire application.
- Created and maintained by Facebook, it has huge community support, and 100k starts on Github.
What makes a skilful React developer?
One cannot be a React developer without mastering a front-end development first; therefore, the required skills and technologies needed for the front-end development also apply to the prerequisites of a React developer. To get detailed information about the below-listed requirements for a front-end developer, visit Top 10 things to know before hiring a front-end developer or looking for a skilful front-end developer who best fits your company requirements? Reach out to us to find you the right team player.
i) Front-end development
- HTML, CSS, JS
- JS libraries like jQuery and React
- Front-end and JS frameworks like Bootstrap, Bulma and Foundation
- CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS
- Asynchronous JS and XML (AJAX)
- REST APIs
- Build tools like Gulp, Grunt and modular bundle like Webpack
- Naming conventions like BEM for HTML and CSS
- JS standardization like ECMAScript (ES6/7/8)
ii) Concepts and Methods
Programming Concepts: functions, objects, arrays, classes.
JS: ‘this’ keyword, filter, map, and reduce methods.
ES6/7/8: let & const, arrow functions, template literals, default parameters, object literals, rest and spread operators and destructing assignment.
iii) In React
- About React and its core principles
- JS architecture (design Pattern) like Flux, and other related libraries like Redux and Mobx
- Basic understanding of DOM (Document Object Model)
- Node.js - a runt-time environment
- Package Managers like NPM and Yarn
- Mobile app framework like React Native
- To perform Unit Testing with Karma, Jest, TDD, Mocha, VCS, Selenium and Enzyme.
- To work on third-party dependencies and debug dependency conflicts.
Virtual DOM: A DOM used to define how documents are accessed and manipulated on a web page. It treats the entire structure of a web page, i.e. the XML or HTML code in the form of a tree wherein each node is an object representing a part of the document.
The Virtual DOM in React takes an exact copy (a lightweight representation) of the Real DOM in the memory. Whenever the state of an object changes in the web application, the Virtual DOM only updates that object in the Real DOM instead of updating all the objects and thereby, speeding up the data manipulation process.
Flux: An application architecture used to build web apps (by Facebook) and implements a unidirectional flow to understand the workflow (action, dispatcher, store and view).
Declarative paradigm: You need to declare/tell React what you want and using the React DOM library, it will build the actual UI and thus makes React a Declarative Paradigm in contrast to the step-by-step instruction as in the Imperative Paradigm.
Storybook: A most popularly used open-source tool for developing UI components. It allows developers to create independent and interactive components in an isolated environment as it runs outside of the application, and there is no need to bother about app requirements and dependencies.
To learn more about React and its features, go to the official website https://reactjs.org/docs/getting-started.html
- An adequate experience in cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, DigitalOcean, Linode, etc
- Open-source cloud management platforms like OpenStack and Apache CloudStack, and cloud hosting services like GitHub.
- About iOS and android app development
- Content Management System - WordPress
- Servers - Apache & Nginx
- Project management tools - Jira and Zoho Projects
- Office documentation tools - Microsoft Office & Google Suite.
Apart from the above-stated things, a highly-competent React developer must possess the ability to build a seamless and intuitive User Interfaces (UIs) for both Android and iOS applications. Most importantly, he/she must have mastery on moving the existing React web applications to React Native. As a team player, a right React developer needs a knack over detecting and resolving bugs without making any compromise on the quality and performance of the application. Are you specifically looking for a React developer to build a dynamic web as well as mobile applications? Or do you need to get further information about the other aspects in the roadmap of finding a right React developer? Connect with our team to get all your questions answered.